Some business organization or government agencies may not accept documents over email. So, if you want to send a fax, you can easily do it from your computer for free. With this process, you can digitally sign a document and fax it to a business-all on your computer and without printing required. If you are searching for how to send a free fax from my computer, then you are in the right place.
Through this guide, we are going to guide you that how will you send a fax from my computer to any person in the world.
Here is the perfect example, How I use these strategies & send a free fax from my computer
Let’s start this:
How to send a fax using your computer with step by step guide
Microsoft Windows even comes with a Fax and scan application that allows you to send faxes from Gmail. We can tell you the how to send fax a free fax from my computer.
The catch is that you will require your computer connected to the phone line. This simply means you would need a dial-up fax modem. You may also need a landline telephone connection and you would have to tell people to stay off the phone when you are sending faxes.
Using a fax modem on Windows
If can send a fax by using a fax modem that plugs into one of your computer’s USB ports online.
- With the help of Active phone line- you will just need a phone line that you can connect to your fax modem. If you don’t own a landline phone, you won’t be able to send a fax using your computer.
- Plug the USB54 fax modem into one of your computer’s USB ports, after that connect the phone line to the fax modem’s port.
- Click on the Windows logo in the bottom corner of the computer screen.
- Search for fax and scan option, then click Windows fax and scan at the top of the start menu.
- Click New Fax.
- Then click on Connect to a fax modem. By clicking, it will connect your computer to your fax modem and open the New fax window.
- Now enter your recipient’s fax number.
- Include a subject in the Subject text box.
- You can add an existing file to the fax by clicking on the paperclip icon at the top of the window.
- In the final option, click send.
Send Faxes Online for free – How to Send Fax
There are so many free online fax services out there that it is hard to make an informed decision about which one to choose. The first thing to consider is what kind of a user you are, how often you will be faxing, and what features you need.
If you send sensitive faxes all the time too often, or you work for a company, then there are some services offered by the various companies that make your work easy. You can choose according to your requirement. They will provide all the features you can imagine, including integrations with Outlook, Google Drive, Dropbox and you can get a toll-free number.
Here is the step by step process to send a fax using an online service:
- Open any suitable online fax service in your computer browser. You will need an email address in order to send your fax.
- In the next step, enter the all relevant sender information.
- Then add your recipient’s details like name, recipient’s fax machine number etc.
- Click Choose files.
- Now select a document that you want to fax. Your document must contain at least 3 pages.
- Click Open. This will simply upload your selected document.
- You can add a cover page for your fax, even the cover page information in the text fax.
- Enter the confirmation code. Type the five-character code that appears near the bottom of the page.
- Scroll down the cursor and click Send free fax now.
Fax cover sheet
Before sending any fax, you will require a suitable fax template. A fax covers sheet is a sheet that is faxed through to your recipient before your actual fax message. The main purpose is to identify the sender and provider some contact information, as well as to state the intended the recipient and their information.
It will help you by reducing your extra work like editing. Finding a free printable fax cover sheet for word is quite easy. If you have decided to add a cover sheet before your fax message, it simple to create. There are many templates online which you can use, or you also can create your own fax cover sheet according to your requirement.
You should add your name, your test fax number, and your regular phone number. You should add the same information for the recipient. it is also common to put the date and number of pages of the fax transmission. Many business organizations also specify if the fax is urgent and if they expect a reply. You can also add your logo and company profile.
How to write a fax cover sheet
There is no fixed format template for cover sheets and cover pages. You need to customize a template based on your requirement and type of the fax you are going to send. By the way, here is the general fax cover sheet template that can be used for different purposes. In these steps, we will guide you how to write Fax cover sheet.
- First, write your name, family name, and phone number, as well as the title of your fax, to make sure you are easily recognized.
- If you are sending your document to a fax machine, you need to clearly specify the recipient in the cover sheet, or your fax may end up in the trash folder and no one will ever know about it.
- Ensure you have clearly specified why you have sent this fax. Including some sentences about yourself and the reasons for faxing is enough.
- Change the size of fonts to make your cover sheet by easy to read. But don’t go for a big font size.
- Last but not least, never forget that faxes are transmitted in Black and White.
Confidential Fax cover sheet
The confidential fax cover sheet is used for safety purposes. You can safeguard the confidentiality of faxes sent from your business by creating a cover sheet template and instructing your staff to attach it to all outgoing fax communications.
Whether you are sending an occasional fax from a computer or faxing away on the regular basis, you can do it for free from your computer. But if want to receive faxes, you will most probably have to pay. However, it still beats having to hook up against fax machine and connect your PC to the landline. You can also use free fax template and customize them according to your requirement.
If you still have any questions or queries related to how to fax from a computer at free of cost then you can ask us directly and our team of experts is always there to help you out.